Model: Ingot1 and Ingot 2
Document Version 010322
Copper Labs, Inc. © 2020
Wireless Energy and Water Monitoring
- Smartphone running recent iOS or Android operating system.
- Wi-Fi access point.
- Compatible wireless utility meter.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Read, keep, heed and follow all instructions.
- Warning: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this device to rain or moisture. Do not use this device near water or in wet locations, e.g., bathrooms or outdoors.
- Clean only with dry soft cloth. Household cleaners or solvents can damage the finish.
- Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatuses that produce heat.
- Unplug this device during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the device has been damaged in any way, such as the plug is damaged or the device has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally or has been dropped.
- The plug should be readily available to disconnect the equipment.
- Do not expose the device to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the device.
- This device is not a toy for usage by children.
- This device is not for use in safety-critical applications (such as life support), where a failure of the product would reasonably be expected to cause severe personal injury or death.
- If the equipment is used in a manner not specified by Copper Labs, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired.
SETUP AND INSTALLATION GUIDE
- Plug the device into an indoor wall socket near your utility meter and Wi-Fi access point to achieve the best wireless coverage.
- Download the smartphone application from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon App Store, and follow on-screen instructions.
TROUBLESHOOTING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Please go to copperlabs.com for troubleshooting information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance.
Pri 100-120VAC, Max 85mA 60Hz
Wireless RF mode frequency bands
2400 – 2483 MHz
902 – 928 MHz
Operation temperature: 0C to 35C
Storage temperature: -25C to 60C
Relative humidity: 5 to 80% non-condensing
Pollution Degree 2
Altitude of up to 2000 meters
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, please deliver it to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By recycling this product correctly, you will help conserve natural resources and prevent potential negative environmental consequences. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer may void the user’s authority to operate the equipment under FCC rules.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC RADIATION EXPOSURE STATEMENT
This equipment complies with FCC’s and IC’s RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment under the following conditions:
- This equipment should be installed and operated such that a minimum separation distance of 20 cm is maintained between the radiator (antenna) and user’s/nearby person’s body at all times.
- This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.