Software Engineer: Full-Stack Developer with Back-end focus
Come join a small and fast-moving team working to help consumers and energy providers take control of energy usage!
Copper Labs is seeking a talented Developer, with emphasis on Back-end development, to build robust, resilient and scalable systems. This position offers an opportunity to impact the entire family of software applications including mobile and voice clients, SaaS offerings and cloud-based infrastructure.
We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage startup environment with a high-performing team focused on bringing a unique and innovative IoT solution to market. There are endless opportunities for creative and technical problem-solving, with rapid feedback from savvy users and customers.
You will influence and contribute to the creation and maintenance of server infrastructure and associated tooling while collaborating with a team of hardware and software engineers to implement and support the holistic solution. You are an eager learner, comfortable in a fast-moving environment, and ready to help us reach the next level as our user base expands.
- Design and implement end-to-end features including HTTP API endpoint creation (Typescript, nodejs), authoring SQL (postgreSQL), and integration with client services (ReactJS, React Native).
- Rapidly prototype new features, in an incremental fashion, to gain customer feedback early and often.
- Analyze performance within client applications and their interaction with cloud services to improve the customer experience.
- Design and develop with an eye towards automated unit and functional integration testing.
- Work collaboratively with all business functions, and engage customers, to build an impactful customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Web-service architecture, HTTP, NodeJS (ExpressJS, Typescript),
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, PostGIS).
- Bonus if you have experience with worker/task queues (RabbitMQ)
- Mobile and/or web applications (TypeScript, React, D3).
- Bonus if you have experience with mapping in web apps (Deck.gl, Mapbox)
- Understanding of unit, functional and solution tests and best practices related to quality.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a small team environment.
- Functions best in an empowerment culture where you crave continual growth and opportunities.
- Proactive self-starter, detail oriented with a passion to deliver results quickly in an environment with occasional ambiguity.
- Comfortable diving into new technologies and solving problems with minimal technical direction.
- Strong written and verbal skills and effective collaboration experience.
- 5+ years of experience with running, maintaining, or interacting with web-service infrastructure.
Requires 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
$110,000 to $130,000 (dependent on experience)
Coming Soon: VP of Sales
If you’ve been selling DSM solutions to utilities directly and by building high-performing teams for at least 7 years, let’s talk.
Copper Labs is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Copper Labs to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.