Vice President of Sales
Copper Labs is searching for an experienced and talented VP of Sales to accelerate our growth.
Copper Labs is on a mission to create a more sustainable energy future by helping utilities take control of energy demand when it matters most to the grid. Copper, the company’s flagship wireless energy monitor, delivers real-time grid-edge intelligence and electric, gas and water usage data, with or without smart meters. These innovative new capabilities empower utilities and ecosystem partners to engage targeted consumers and help manage energy demand, stabilize the grid and reduce the cost to serve energy.
We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage startup environment with a high-performing team focused on bringing a unique and innovative solution to market. Our customers include some of the largest and most forward-thinking utilities in the U.S. and we’re backed by some of the best investors in this industry.
Do you have at least 10 years of experience helping utility executives solve demand side management (DSM) challenges, both directly and by building high-performing teams? Want to get in early at a high-growth venture-backed startup with a proven team and work directly with the CEO and founding executives? If yes, then please keep reading…
- Build and own our topline growth plan, to include:
- Leading all inbound and outbound sales for utility and partner prospects
- Driving expansion of existing utility accounts and partner relationships with a focus on customer success
- Build and nurture a robust sales pipeline with weekly reporting to the executive team
- Accurately forecast sophisticated, long term sales cycles
- Leverage your existing industry relationships to accelerate sales directly, and get your hands dirty, in advance of growing the current team of one over time
- Hire and on-board new account executives and managers to continue expanding the team
- Participate in Board Meetings to report on our topline growth strategy and accomplishments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Navigate complex utility sales cycles with a consultative, trust-based approach to solution selling
- Collaborate with engineering, customer success and marketing teams to bring the voice of the customer to everything we do
- Travel extensively, when safe, to build relationships and participate in relevant industry events
- Requires 10+ years of utility sales and team management experience with demonstrated team quota achievement
- Prior ownership of acquiring new accounts as well as expanding existing accounts
- Experience working collaboratively with third party implementation partners
- Demonstrated skill in mentoring account executive and managers to achieve quota
- Executive presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers
- Solid references that speak to your ability to work well across internal functions and use available resources proactively
- A builder — the right candidate has started/built up teams through category creation
- A leader and a manager — you can and will rally the team, in addition to putting all of the systems in place to succeed
- Company equity
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company covers 99% of employee medical/dental/vision benefits and 95% of dependents on a Gold PPO plan
$250,000 – $350,000 OTE (dependent on experience)
Copper Labs is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Copper Labs to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.