Vice President of Sales
Copper Labs is searching for an experienced and talented VP of Sales to accelerate our growth.
Copper Labs is on a mission to create a more sustainable energy future by helping utilities take control of energy demand when it matters most to the grid. Copper, the company’s flagship wireless energy monitor, delivers real-time grid-edge intelligence and electric, gas and water usage data, with or without smart meters. These innovative new capabilities empower utilities and ecosystem partners to engage targeted consumers and help manage energy demand, stabilize the grid and reduce the cost to serve energy.
We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage startup environment with a high-performing team focused on bringing a unique and innovative solution to market. Our customers include some of the largest and most forward-thinking utilities in the U.S. and we’re backed by some of the best investors in this industry.
Do you have at least 10 years of experience helping utility executives solve demand side management (DSM) challenges, both directly and by building high-performing teams? Want to get in early at a high-growth venture-backed startup with a proven team and work directly with the CEO and founding executives? If yes, then please keep reading…
- Build and own our topline growth plan, to include:
- Leading all inbound and outbound sales for utility and partner prospects
- Driving expansion of existing utility accounts and partner relationships with a focus on customer success
- Build and nurture a robust sales pipeline with weekly reporting to the executive team
- Accurately forecast sophisticated, long term sales cycles
- Leverage your existing industry relationships to accelerate sales directly, and get your hands dirty, in advance of growing the current team of one over time
- Hire and on-board new account executives and managers to continue expanding the team
- Participate in Board Meetings to report on our topline growth strategy and accomplishments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Navigate complex utility sales cycles with a consultative, trust-based approach to solution selling
- Collaborate with engineering, customer success and marketing teams to bring the voice of the customer to everything we do
- Travel extensively, when safe, to build relationships and participate in relevant industry events
- Requires 10+ years of utility sales and team management experience with demonstrated team quota achievement
- Prior ownership of acquiring new accounts as well as expanding existing accounts
- Experience working collaboratively with third party implementation partners
- Demonstrated skill in mentoring account executive and managers to achieve quota
- Executive presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers
- Solid references that speak to your ability to work well across internal functions and use available resources proactively
- A builder — the right candidate has started/built up teams through category creation
- A leader and a manager — you can and will rally the team, in addition to putting all of the systems in place to succeed
- Company equity
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company covers 100% of employee medical/dental/vision benefits and 95% of dependents on a Gold PPO plan
$250,000 – $350,000 OTE (dependent on experience)
Software Engineer: Full-Stack Developer with Back-end focus
Come join a small and fast-moving team working to help consumers and energy providers take control of energy usage!
Copper Labs is seeking a talented Developer, with emphasis on Back-end development, to build robust, resilient and scalable systems. This position offers an opportunity to impact the entire family of software applications including mobile and voice clients, SaaS offerings and cloud-based infrastructure.
We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage startup environment with a high-performing team focused on bringing a unique and innovative IoT solution to market. There are endless opportunities for creative and technical problem-solving, with rapid feedback from savvy users and customers.
You will influence and contribute to the creation and maintenance of server infrastructure and associated tooling while collaborating with a team of hardware and software engineers to implement and support the holistic solution. You are an eager learner, comfortable in a fast-moving environment, and ready to help us reach the next level as our user base expands.
- Design and implement end-to-end features including HTTP API endpoint creation (Typescript, nodejs), authoring SQL (postgreSQL), and integration with client services (ReactJS, React Native).
- Rapidly prototype new features, in an incremental fashion, to gain customer feedback early and often.
- Analyze performance within client applications and their interaction with cloud services to improve the customer experience.
- Design and develop with an eye towards automated unit and functional integration testing.
- Work collaboratively with all business functions, and engage customers, to build an impactful customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Web-service architecture, HTTP, NodeJS (ExpressJS, Typescript),
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, PostGIS).
- Bonus if you have experience with worker/task queues (RabbitMQ)
- Mobile and/or web applications (TypeScript, React, D3).
- Bonus if you have experience with mapping in web apps (Deck.gl, Mapbox)
- Understanding of unit, functional and solution tests and best practices related to quality.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a small team environment.
- Functions best in an empowerment culture where you crave continual growth and opportunities.
- Proactive self-starter, detail oriented with a passion to deliver results quickly in an environment with occasional ambiguity.
- Comfortable diving into new technologies and solving problems with minimal technical direction.
- Strong written and verbal skills and effective collaboration experience.
- 5+ years of experience with running, maintaining, or interacting with web-service infrastructure.
Requires 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
$110,000 to $130,000 (dependent on experience)
Copper Labs is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Copper Labs to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.